What Is The Battle Of The Books Club?
WCPSS decided not to enroll in the NC Battle Of The Books program, so there will be no competition this year. The Trojan Olympiad student executive board members thought it was a good idea to give those whom wished to compete in the competition, a chance to do so. The Trojan Olympiad Battle of The Books club is no different than the afterschool club.
How To Sign Up...
1. There is a google form sign up sheet
2. Each student has to pay $10 to be in the club: It covers the Battle of the Books questions and the zoom meeting fees.
3. Any students may sign up yet on the form to the right by November 25th. This is a NEW FORM, so be sure to fill it in with the times you plan to attend the club.
4. There will be an introduction session information provided to you for attending the first large club where we will explain to all club members what we are doing. We hope to have break out rooms and have everyone have a chance to meet their club privately there to decide the first book they will read, select a name, and show demonstrate what a sample session looks like!
5. Attend the first club date specified by your facilitator in an email to you. The facilitator will send you information via your provided email in the sign up genius during the week of November 15th stating your start date and first book. Your first task is to pick your first book of 4 to read and vote on a club name.
6. Start reading the first book - see the schedule at the right hand side. Attend regular meetings. Ask all questions you have of your facilitators via email!
7. Sign up for teams the week of January 17th to January 22nd.
8. First team practice will begin at the end of January to the beginning of February.
9. Competition will be announced in April.
Info. Meeting was held: Nov 2nd, from 4-5 pm:
The Battle of the Books Information Meeting Content with some modifications is as follows:
Please fill out the above form stating which days/times works best for you to attend our virtual online club. All current In Person members are welcome as well to join a virtual club and be in the In Person club.
Additionally, if you have not paid yet for the club, please the $10 amount by December 15th! All Battle of the Books Members - both Virtual and In Person students must pay!
Battle of the Books Page $10 Payment Link: https://carnage.memberhub.com/store/items/543100
We have to pay for the questions and need money to set up our own Battle of the Books event at Carnage since Wake County has decided to no longer partake in the program.
This event will be sponsored by PTSA and Ms. VanDeventor. It has Mrs. Johnson's approval.
It will be a part of the Trojan Olympiad Competitions that PTSA hosts from January to April! Battle of the Books event will take place in April! We are working to role out a date and time for all of you, as we hope to use the Outdoor lunchroom to host the event!
The listed club times below ARE ONLY GOOD FROM NOW UNTIL JANUARY! In January -students will sign up for teams and begin practicing for the April 2021 Carnage GT/AIG Magnet Middle School Trojan Olympiad Battle of the Books Competition. Additionally students will have the option to continue doing the book club only if they prefer!
Every student will receive an initial email stating their initial start date and zoom meeting codes! Discussion may take place of when to host the next meeting (weekly or bi-weekly due to schedules or vacation).
All clubs will adhere to this book schedule:
Read 1st book by the week of December 15th.
Read 2nd book by the week of December 20th to December 26th.
Read 3rd book by the week of January 3rd to January 8th.
Read 4th book by the week of January to January 17th to January 22nd.